martedì 22 settembre 2015

One identification for Mister Dipak



One identification for Mister Dipak
1
On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 09:28:47 +0530 Dipak Bagchi wrote

Hi :
How are you all doing. I am doing fine.
I like your help in identifying one temple located in the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Khajuraho, namely the Western Group of Temples. I have attached a photo with this email. What is the name of this temple?

Thank you.
Dipak Bagchi
2
Subject: identification temple
Dear Kailash, my best friend,
can you ask to the archaelogical authorities of khajuraho the name of the Bundela temple near the Vaisvanatha mandir, that you can see in the attached picture? Can they tell you if it has been built by the maharaja Pratap Singh?
Thanks.
Odorico
3
my dear
the name of the temple is pratapeshwar, it has been buillt by maharaja pratap singh chattarpur state .
year of 1840
same time of maqbara
4
Mantua 21 september 2015
Dear Mr Dipak ,
We are well also, being pleased to receive good news about You.
I m living in Italy, now, Kailash and his Family in Khajuraho. For this reason, only
thanks to my great Friend Kailash it has been possible to satisfy your demand about the name of the temple situated in the western Group, but more recent than all the other temples of the complex.
In my books, in Italy, there is written nothing about it.
The name of the graceful temple,-according on what our excellent Kailash wrote me - is Pratapeshwar, and it has been built by the maharaja of Chhatrasal Pratap Singh at the same time of the building of his maqbara , just opposite, in 1840. The temple is in Bundela indo-islamic style, consist of two mandapas, - surmounted by islamic dome, with two chattris, and by pyramidal phamsana with central niche-, and subsequently of the garbagriha-sanctum and the sikhara, with chattris at the corners and central curvilinear bengaldar.
Bengaldars over a niche and between two laterals ones are present on all the walls, excepted the entrance, - instead of projections with gods and demigods or apsaras, as in the old hindu temples - and islamic brackets and merlons interpose between walls and roofs.
The same sikhara and phamsana are only sequences of tiers, not sets of smaller miniature replicas of themselves, as in the purana hindu mandir, and the crowning elements with reversed lotus and multiplex finial are more Islamic than Hindu .
With our best wishes
Odorico & Kailash
5
Dear Odorico:
Thank you very much for the detailed description of the Pratapeswar Temple, which could only come from you and Kailash.
I saw this temple from a distance and missed to check it out.
Thanks for your help again.
How is your mother and relatives? When are you going back to India? I have no plan to go there in the near future.
Dipak Bagchi
Dipak
Sent from my iPhone
6
Dear Dipak, my mother is well,  like my relatives. Your concern is very kind.  I m going back to India before Deepawali. God bless us, Kailash and our family.

Odorico Bergamaschi

Nessun commento: